Paint the Barn RED!!

 

 

The first record of the Daniel Lady Farm was from 1762 when John Anderson squatted on the property. It was part of the original William Penn land charter under which Samuel Hutchinson purchased the land. Due to circumstances following Mr. Hutchinson's death, the farm was sold at auction to Jacob Leada, Sr. in 1841. The following year, with the help of his son Daniel, the existing log barn was replaced with the barn that resides on the property today. In 1853, Jacob Leada, now Jacob Lady, sold the farm to Daniel and Rebecca Lady, who's story of the Gettysburg Battle we tell today.